A true Monday miscellany. Nevermind that it’s Tuesday — it feels like Monday. Anyway, several totally unrelated things by bullet point:
- I finally (finally!!) finished editing my photographs from my early-April trip to San Francisco — read about the trip here; view the pictures here.
- The College where I work had its Commencement over the weekend. And now campus will be quiet for a while. This is a good thing.
- Memorial Day being the unofficial start to summer and all, I got out and did some planting over the weekend — four window boxes of red Geraniums and some containers of herbs on the back porch. I am bound and determined to grow my own herbs for cooking! But because I am not naturally good at gardening, I’m also trying to be realistic about my expectations — just five herbs to start: Basil, Cilantro, Dill, Orange Mint, and Rosemary — we’ll see how it goes.
- After our local Memorial Day parade and ceremony at the town park, we headed off to my friend Mark’s house for a cookout. Mark’s daughter and son are visiting from Florida, so a small crew of family and friends gathered to visit, eat hot dogs and hamburgers, and toast marshmallows for s’mores. Good times, good times. (Just a note, the pictures I linked to are from last year, so the kids are taller…and cuter, if that’s even possible.)
- And now I have a short, four-day work week — woo, hoo!