Straight to the funny today:
Let’s talk about my week, shall we?
- Three meetings – literally half of my day
- A meeting with the Vice President of my department regarding my interim job status (No updates or end in sight; just “keep up the good work and thank you very much.” Alrighty then. Will do.)
- My department’s holiday party
- A quick shopping trip to pick up gift bags and a specific gift before it went back to full-price
- A fun-filled evening of tearing up 50-year-old linoleum (A task which, frankly, sucked. A lot. I’m bearing the consequences today in the form of severe back pain.)
- Granite company came to make template of kitchen counters!
- An appointment during my lunch hour
- Quick food shopping to pick up and then prep the ingredients for a pot of chili
- Wrap gifts for my co-workers
- Holy crap, the floor crew arrives at 8:00 to begin sanding and refinishing the kitchen floor! I would be excited, but I kind of don’t believe it’s actually going to happen. If I wasn’t already a bit of a total skeptic, this kitchen renovation has certainly made me into one. I’ll let you know how it goes…
- Two-hour software training at work
- Assemble chili to cook overnight in crockpot
- Nothing else! Thursday night is sacred!!
- Day Two of floor refinishing (final day?)
- One meeting, thankfully very low-key
- A holiday potluck lunch with my co-workers (now you know what the chili was for)
- College President’s holiday reception
Bear in mind this is just the stuff that’s happening in and around my regular daily workload and personal obligations. Oy. But after all this? Say it with me now: two whole weeks of vacay! Woo, hoo!!
Next week maybe I’ll actually be able to think straight in order to plan and organize my Christmas gifts and wrap them in time for Christmas…
Hey, what about you? What’s stressing you out during this season of universal insanity? Please tell me I’m not alone…